Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Seeing the Creator in creation

Last month I was traveling around Idaho and was daily confronted with the beauty of creation. Some of the most gorgeous country you will ever see is in wilderness Idaho. One of the days I was there, some of us went on a hike which took us up above an alpine lake up to the ridge of a low mountain and let us look down into the rolling valleys beyond. Such a beautiful place.



When we were sitting on top of the ridge I pulled out my Bible and read through my favorite Psalms. One line in particular struck me.

"Wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it  very well."
-Psalm 139:14b

Standing up there, seemingly on top of the world, I looked out at creation before me and the grand scope of it all screamed the Lord's name. Everywhere I looked I saw His handiwork. I could not separate what I was seeing from Him and my soul knew it very well. It is amazing how much my relationship with Christ has affected the way I see the world.

"How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"
-Psalm 139:17

No comments:

Post a Comment